Monday, February 11, 2008

HARLEY-DAVIDSON'S EPIC ALL GIRL RIDE at DAYTONA!!


This is an excerpt of an e-mail that I received recently from Harley-Davidson regarding their all girl ride on March 4th...which is so popular...that they had an overwhelming response to the slots available.

CONGRATULATIONS SASHA! You have been chosen to join Karen Davidson, great-granddaughter of one of the Company’s founders, and the Get Down to Daytona winners on their final leg into Daytona! We had an overwhelming response from women interested in joining the Women’s Day Ride in Daytona on March 4, 2008, benefiting MDA Summer Camps, so we have decided to no longer limit the ride to 105 women, and are now accommodating 500 women riders! Yes, 500! The ride will be one of the largest Harley-Davidson women’s rides ever, and we’re thrilled to have you share that piece of history with us.

Okay, I feel like I JUST WON THE GOLDEN TICKET like the Willy Wonka story... but I'm so like little Charlie, not Violet the glutton blueberry gum chewing girl --- no, I'm like dear Charlie, the little underdog...though as the former little girl with thick coke bottle glasses totally unpopular, wall flower kid of yore -- yes she, ME, is going to be a part of this epic ride.

I get to ride with ALL these amazing women and I shall write for days about it...I shall take photos, and film footage with my pocket camcorder and present the most awesome journey...oh, this is a thrill beyond belief. I'm taking you all with me and sharing this victorious moment.

Rock it Roll it Ride it like you stole it...all the way to Daytona to join in this amazing event. Also, there is a wonderful cause abound....MDA...this is a fund raiser event, too.

Open your big heart! I have a fundraising goal of $1,000. It'd be cool to include you or your company on my list of contributors helping me reach an important goal.

Your donation would help MDA continue the important fight against muscular dystrophy. Check out my donor page by clicking on the link at the end of this e-mail. There you'll find all kinds of information about MDA, and be able to make your tax-deductible donation on-line using your credit card.MDA serves people in our community with muscular dystrophy by providing clinics, support groups, assistance with the purchase and repair of wheelchairs, braces and communication devices, and summer camp for kids. MDA also funds research to help find treatments and cures for diseases that affect people of all ages, right here in our community. On behalf of the families MDA serves, thank you!

Love,

Sasha

Click here get info about this epic ride, visit http://www.harley-davidson.com/womensride.

If the link above does not bring you to my Participant Page, cut and paste the address below into the address bar of your internet browser.
https://www.mdaevent.org/ParticipantInfo.aspx?j=14117b2a-22f2-45ff-be53-31227574cba4


3 comments:

Chas said...

That's really awesome. I'm a PhD student at the University of Central Florida, and I also have my own Bike (Honda, Rebel). I will be at Bike Week on March 1/2, hopefully conducting interviews with bikers about their bike preferences and safety practices.

Good Luck on the all female ride!

jerzgirlrider said...

Sasha,

We met at the Ocean Center in Daytona, I was the girl who disrupted your phone call to give you a hug and thank you for the inspiration your book gave me, it had been a gift from my husband when I bought my Sportster 1200L. I have just fallen in love with that motorcycle and the free feeling it gives me. I was a young hippy girl in the 70's with a rambling spirit, motorcycles were in my life then and even though I borrowed a few without permission, I never got my license legally or rode to the extent that I do now. So finding the joy in your book and the sisterhood is wonderful for me. As I had said to you, I wanted to send you a handcrafted token of thanks for you to wear when you ride.
Please e-mail me an address or P.O. Box# at Gemgirl101@aol.com. I also wanted to send you the pic my husband took of me giving you a hug! You are a wonderful soul and I wish you all the best.

Pauline (Jerzgirlrider)

jerzgirlrider said...

Sasha,

We met at the Ocean Center in Daytona, I was the girl who disrupted your phone call to give you a hug and thank you for the inspiration your book gave me, it had been a gift from my husband when I bought my Sportster 1200L. I have just fallen in love with that motorcycle and the free feeling it gives me. I was a young hippy girl in the 70's with a rambling spirit, motorcycles were in my life then and even though I borrowed a few without permission, I never got my license legally or rode to the extent that I do now. So finding the joy in your book and the sisterhood is wonderful for me. As I had said to you, I wanted to send you a handcrafted token of thanks for you to wear when you ride.
Please e-mail me an address or P.O. Box# at Gemgirl101@aol.com. I also wanted to send you the pic my husband took of me giving you a hug! You are a wonderful soul and I wish you all the best.

Pauline (Jerzgirlrider)